Registration Now Open!
How Do I register?
Registrations need to be made through www.myfootballclub.com.au
As always, we ask that you register asap, preferably by the end of January. This helps the club in planning teams for 2018. It also helps when we get questions like ‘how many players are there in an age group’.
There are some changes for 2018. For parents with children at school, you can use the Active Kids Voucher at Oatley FC. Please note there is a different process if you register before 1/2/2018. See the following links for information
RTOs – all RTO (managers/coaches) for teams up to u18, must now have a Working With Children Check. This is different to last year, where it wasn’t required if your child played in the team you coached or managed. If you don’t have a WWCC, please start the process to acquire one now.
As always, you need to attend the appropriate grading day for your age group. These will be in early February. we will update this information on this website and Facebook closer to the time.
We request that everyone register and pay on-line. However, we will be holding registration help days at Oatley Hotel early in February if you need assistance or have questions. You can also speak to the club at grading day.
As you may have heard, this year the My Coach program is running at Oatley FC. Please note, if you want your child to be in this program, you need to register with Oatley FC, then attend the appropriate grading. MyCoach information is available here.
If you aren’t sure where you want to play, or what teams will be running in 2018, please register in the age group that you want to play in, then speak to the club at grading days.
We have a new registrar for 2018. Belinda Stanton can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that Peter Jones will will still be looking after the team allocations for competition teams, (u12 and up).
Looking for to seeing you in 2018.
President Oatley FC
Teams still looking for players for 2018 season
The following teams are still looking for more players this year.
Boys Under 13s
Boys Under 14s
Mens Over 45s
Other teams will appear here as we hear more.
Please contact us using this form if you are interested or want to know more.
Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is on-line at www.myfootballclub.com.au
Please make sure you select Oatley FC as the club.
Hover over "players" then click on "Register Now" .
- Follow the prompts to proceed to login pages, find your FFA number and/or create an FFA account.
- Login using your FFA number and password.
- Once logged in, select “Make a Registration” or “Register Now”
- Update contact and personal details if necessary, making sure to complete all mandatory fields (these will have a * next to them).
- On the next screen, if there is already a Club name in Step 1 that is not the Club you are registering to for 2018 remove this and then begin to enter the club name “ENTER CLUB NAME HERE.”
NB: If you get a message saying there are no packages then click OK and check the club name.
- Select the Registration role you require (player, coach or volunteer)
NB: If you are registering as a Player and this is the first time you have registered to play football in Australia you will need to confirm whether you last played in another country
- Select the correct Registration Package that applies to you.
- Click the “Add Packages” button.
- Click the “Next” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Read and acknowledge the Terms and Conditions then click “Next”. If there is a dollar value attached to your registration you will need to click on either “Pay Online” or “Manual Payment at Club” button. If there is no value attached to your registration, then you will not see this screen. (The paid status of your registration will not necessarily be reflected in the system as financials are managed by the Club outside of the registration portal).
- Answer the questions on the final page and click the “Save All Answers” button.
Your registration has now been submitted to your Club.
Please be aware that if you are a new player, you need to provide a birth certificate and a current photo.
The club will hold registration help day on 30 January 2018 from 11am. Please remember this is for help only, all payments can be done on MyFootballClub. New players are welcome to come to the club with their Birth Certificate and a photo will be taken on the day.
The age group you play in is the age you turn this year. So if your child turns 12 this year, then they will play in the u12. For over 35 and over 45, you must have turned 35 or 45 by the end of June this year.
A child turning 5 this year can play in the Under 6s.
Certainly, girls can be integrated with the boys up to the age 11. There also are all girl’s competitions from u7 to u9 played on Saturdays. Girls/women competitions from u10 are played Sundays. Please speak to the club about the best place for your daughter to play.
To enable us to plan for the season and meet deadlines set by St George Football Association.
The timetable of events is:
- Registrations completed before grading in mid February.
- Grading days 2nd week of February
- Teams created and submitted to SGFA by the end of February
- Trial games in mid march
- First game first week in April (season runs until the end of August)
Each age group has a minimum and maximum team size. At times the number of registrations in a particular age group will be such that it is not possible to accommodate all players. For the ages U6 to U11 and adult teams we have so many players that this is never a problem. We may experience problems with teams in the U12-U18 age groups. We recommend that players in this age group register before grading days, so we can plan for the right numbers of team in these age groups.
The club will continue to accept registrations, providing there are places in teams in the relevant age groups. No registration will be accepted by SGFA after June 30th.
We believe that children will get the most out of playing in a team where they play against players of similar ability. It is all about giving them time on the ball and providing a suitable challenge.
Under 6 to 9:
In these age groups we have a lot of teams. In general, we can form teams with groups of friends. Please speak to the age co-ordinator on grading day, if you have a group of friends that want to play together.
Under 10 and above:
In the older age groups there are less teams and the differences between player’s ability increases. This makes it more difficult to keep friends together.
The club provides playing shirts to each team which are returned at the end of the year. Included in your registration is shorts, socks and a training shirt. You need to purchase shin pads and boots.
Games are played at our home grounds of Renown Park or The Green and at the home grounds of our opposition clubs in the St George area.
- All under 9s and below play Saturday Mornings.
- Boys up to U18 play Saturday mornings.
- All age men play Saturday afternoon.
- Girl's and Women's comps from u10 to all age are played on Sundays.
- Over 35s play Sunday
- Over 45s play Friday nights
Training times and dates are arranged by agreement with all the players and parents, but must always be at a time convenient to the coach. In general training is one day per week, but older age groups may train more often.